Sea Moss is a source of potassium chloride, a nutrient which helps to dissolve catarrhs (inflammation and phlegm in the mucous membranes), which cause congestion. It also contains compounds which act as natural antimicrobial and antiviral agents, helping to get rid of infections. Contains 92 of 102 minerals the body needs to thrive. It also contains B vitamins and a natural magnesium.
- SUPPORTS YOUR THYROID: The Thyroid is mainly responsible for regulating hormones, an imbalance can lead to fertility issues, menstrual problems, fibroids and other ailments. These disorders are typically caused by a lack of iodine and/or selenium. Irish Moss is packed with more iodine and selenium than any other food on the planet. Additionally, Irish Moss contains the vital thyroid hormone precursor DI-Iodothyronine (DIT), and the thyroid hormones Thyroxin (T4) and Tri-iodothyronine (T3).
- BOOSTS YOUR IMMUNITY: Sea Moss has been used for hundreds of years in traditional medicine for its role in alleviating the symptoms of the common cold and flu. Why? Because it contains antimicrobial and antiviral compounds, which help boost your immunity!
- DIGESTIVE SUPPORT: Because of the soothing effects of Sea Moss on the mucous membranes in the body, it works as an amazing digestive aid. It coats the stomach and helps to heal the body of ulcers. In addition, it helps to alleviate acid reflux by providing probiotics for improved gut health. Sea Moss is also packed with fiber that regulates bowel movement and alleviates gas.
- STRENGTHENS JOINTS, SMOOTHS SKIN: Sea Moss can help treat skin diseases like dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, and sunburn. It can also give you relief from varicose veins, and rashes. It can be applied while taking baths and thus hydrates your skin.
- WEIGHT LOSS: Irish Moss is thought to help reduce the appetite due to its ability to absorb moisture, increasing its volume and filling the intestinal tract with a bulking type material, thus increasing the feeling of fullness. Its gentle laxative effect can promote the elimination process of waste through the gastrointestinal tract. The aforementioned iodine content can boost metabolism which in turn will increase energy and can help to accelerate weight loss.
Helps to significantly inhibit an enzyme called alpha-glucosidase. The ability to inhibit this enzyme can slow digestion and absorption of glucose into the bloodstream. Bladderwrack is praised for its ability to help normalize insulin and glucose metabolism, an thus is helpful for individuals with Type 2 diabetes.
|Used for:||How Does It Work?|
Alginic acid, one of the major constituents in bladderwrack, is a type of dietary fiber that may be used to relieve constipation.
Alginic acid, a constituent in bladderwrack, is a type of dietary fiber and as a result may help relieve diarrhea.
Bladderwrack is high in mucilage, which may be advantageous for people with gastritis because its slippery nature soothes irritated mucus membranes of the digestive tract.
|Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease||
Bladderwrack is a soothing herb traditionally used to treat reflux and heartburn.
Bladderwrack is a type of brown seaweed that contains iodine. Hypothyroidism due to insufficient iodine intake may improve with bladderwrack supplementation.
|Indigestion, Heartburn, and Low Stomach Acidity||
Bladderwrack is a demulcent herb, meaning it seems to work by decreasing inflammation and forming a barrier against irritants such as stomach acid.
Alginic acid is one of the main constituents in bladderwrack. Calcium alginate has shown promise as an agent to speed wound healing.
Jazzed Up Apple Smoothie
- 2 c. fresh-pressed apple juice
- 1 tbsp. sea moss gel
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 2 c. ice cubes
Place all ingredients in your blender and pulse until smooth. Serve and enjoy!