For Your Hair
Step 1: Read Benefits of Various Oils and Select 1 or More based on Desired Results
- Almond oil works effectively to cure dandruff on the scalp by removing dead cells
- Due to its high content of fatty acids, it moisturizes and softens the scalp tissues and improves the blood circulation
- Regular use of rosemary oil helps to stimulate follicles, making hair grow longer and stronger.
- It is also believed that rosemary oil slows down premature hair loss and graying of the hair.
- Rosemary essential oil not only helps combat dandruff, but also aids in hair growth. Rosemary oil stimulates cell division and dilates a blood vessel which encourages hair growth.
- Resolves Dry Itchy Scalp and Dandruff
- Head Lice Treatment
- Promotes Hair Growth
- Often used for treating alopecia and sometimes recommended to prevent male baldness.
- Lavender essential oil aids in treating hair loss. In Scotland, a study found that 40% of alopecia test subjects reported an increase in hair growth after regularly massaging lavender essential oil onto their scalp.
- Promotes hair growth and can treat scalp conditions
- Removes the signs of dandruff by increasing circulation in the scalp and providing nutrition to the hair follicles
- Reduces hair loss. Curcumin is a component of turmeric that can inhibit the activity of growth agent beta one known as TGF beta one which causes the death of hair follicles resulting in hair loss
- Turmeric can be used in the treatment of various scalp conditions such as dermatitis and eczema that can lead to itchy, flaky skin, inflammation and thinning hair
- Basil essential oil possesses stimulant properties and can be applied topically to increase blood flow. The increased blood flow helps hair grow.
- Peppermint essential oil acts like an astringent and aids in removing excess sebum from the scalp.
- Known to soothe the nerves and it does the same for your hair and scalp, in fact it is the most soothing of the essential oils for the hair and scalp.
- Helps to retract skin cells that have been inflamed from chemical procedures, and harsh weather conditions and helps with itching scaly scalp and dandruff.
- Greatly beneficial for those with oily hair; Not recommended if you have dry hair
- Treats dry scalp, dandruff, lice and under-active sebaceous glands
- Helps stimulate the growth of new cells.
- Natural source of vitamins A, E and beta-carotene, and offers much needed moisture to dry scalp.
- Encourages your dry scalp to create more sebum, which moisturizes your hair and scalp and promotes overall hair health and shine
- Thyme stimulates blood circulation. Therefore rubbing an oil that contains thyme onto your scalp promotes the delivery of nutrients to the scalp and encourages healthy hair growth.
- Treats thinning hair and hair loss problems
Cedarwood (Not recommended during pregnancy)
- Treats dandruff and relieves scalp itchiness due to its antiseptic, anti-seborrheic and mild astringent properties.
- Stimulates the hair follicles and increase circulation to the scalp, which contributes to hair regrowth and may slow hair loss
- DHT Blocker
- Improves Circulation. Castor oil carries ricinoleic acid (an unsaturated omega-9 fatty acid) and omega- 6 essential fatty acids, which accelerate blood circulation to the scalp, hence increasing hair growth. It works on nourishing the scalp and strengthening the roots with the help of essential nutrients.
- Fights scalp infections and dandruff. Since castor oil possesses anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties, it is the perfect remedy to tackle scalp infections and issues such as bald patches, itchy scalp. These properties reach out to fight pathogens and micro-organisms. Additionally, it clears off the most common hair problem – dandruff.
- Reduces split ends
- Natural conditioner and moisturizer. Castor oil is ‘moisture rich’ and penetrates deep into the scalp and conditions the hair immediately. This oil is hence, an easy way to regain lost shine and hair texture.
- Perfect hair tonic. It balances oil production in all skin types. When used on your hair and scalp, it stimulates hair growth.
- Increases thickness of hair shaft and used to grow thicker hair.
- Balances scalp oil production
- Helps prevent split ends.
- Juniper essential oil has been found to be beneficial for hair loss and skin problems. It moisturizes hair and promotes a healthy scalp.
Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca)
- Great moisturizer for the hair
- It helps to keep the scalp free of bacterial and fungal problems.
- Unblocks the sebaceous glands and encourage the flow of the scalp’s own moisturizing oils while clearing away dead skin cells.
- Tea tree oil mixed with other essential oils is especially good as a scalp treatment for relieving dandruff.